5. Marsh EB, et al. The outcome of children with intractable seizures: a 3- to 6-year follow-up of 67 children who remained on the ketogenic diet less than one year. Epilepsia 2006;47(2):425-30.
8. Epilepsy Foundation, 2014. http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/seizure-and-epilepsy-medicines/side-effects. [online] (Accessed 06/01/2015).
9. Henderson CB, et al. Efficacy of the Ketogenic Diet as a Treatment Option for Epilepsy: Meta-analysis. J Child Neurol 2006;21(3):193-8.
10. Neal EG, et al. The ketogenic diet for the treatment of childhood epilepsy: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Neuro 2008;7(6):500-506.
17. Kossoff EH, et al. Prospective study of the Modified Atkins diet in combination with a ketogenic liquid supplement during the initial month. Journal of Child Neurol 2011;26(2):147-151.
18. Rubinstein JE, et al. Use of the ketogenic diet in neonates and infants. Epilepsia, 2008;49(suppl8):30-32.18.
19. Kossoff, EH, et al. Optimal clinical management of children receiving dietary therapies for epilepsy: Updated recommendations of the International Ketogenic Diet Study Group. Epilepsia Open 2018; 3(1):1745-192.
20. Martin K, et al. Ketogenic diet and other dietary treatments for epilepsy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016; Issue 2. Art. No.: CD001903. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001903.pub3
21. Cross JH, et al. The ketogenic diet – update on recent clinical trials. Epilepsia 2008;49 (Suppl8):6-10.
22. Sirven J, et al. The ketogenic diet for intractable epilepsy in adults: Preliminary results. Epilepsia 1999;40(12):1721-1726.
23. Kossoff EH, et al. A prospective study of the modified Atkins diet for intractable epilepsy in adults. Epilepsia 2008;49(2):316-319.
24. Carrette E, et al. A pilot trial with modified Atkins’ diet in adult patients with refractory epilepsy. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 2008;110:797-803.
25. Cervenka MC, et al. Establishing an Adult Epilepsy Diet Center: Experience, efficacy and challenges. Epilepsy Behav 2016;58:61-8.
26. Liu H, et al. Ketogenic diet for treatment of intractable epilepsy in adults: A meta-analysis of observational studies. Epilepsia 2018;3(1):9–17.